intro



This Blog is about my life as an Australian glassblower and glass artist.

I am largely self taught, but my mentors have been deeply significant.

Grant Donaldson.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I’m a small cog in the wheel.

Eileen and I in our first studio at Numurkah

Some people labour at a job for 40 years, so they can have 20 years enjoying life together.... which is fine, but our life started from the start.

My wife Eileen and I are glassblowers, glass artists, located south of Melbourne, Australia. We share a sense of simple living, working with our hands, where our work is life. And we have worked all these years, to create a life that reflects our energy and makes our art.

The two of us have always believed in our own ability to live our dream, whether on the land or involved in art. While we have our bodies and minds we know can do it, both sharing an optimistic drive, happy to have a go.

I have never been afraid of crossing the deep and muddy creek, to graze on the green grass on the other side. I go ahead and when I feel my wheels slipping and sliding into the deep, I have a warm feeling - it's me and the creek. If I make it, or Idon't make it, I've been lucky to enjoy such a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment