intro



This Blog is about my life as an Australian glassblower and glass artist.

I am largely self taught, but my mentors have been deeply significant.

Grant Donaldson.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's liquid.

Because it's liquid and wants to move, glass for me provides the perfect metaphor for expressing the movement of an object, or thought. Like something that has evolved from history through time or space like a spear, arrow, any vehicle, or idea.  It is here now, we see it now - like a photograph, but it will move on and we will die.                

That's where my work's going at the moment. It will be a challenge to put these thoughts into my glass and make it tell a story - something of where it's been and it's going - headlong into the next ......


No comments:

Post a Comment